Monday, December 5, 2011

Day One, One Word {Reverb 11}

December 1st, 2011






One Word. Encapsulate the year 2011 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing
that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2012 for you?
::

As easy as I thought this would be, it is definitely not the case. There are so many words I thought about and dissected, but just weren't fitting enough. The one I came up with was aimless. The definition of the word couldn't be more accurate.
Aimless: having no goal
Synonyms (to name a few): accidental, careless, casual, chance, pointless, wandering, unplanned and best of all INDECISIVE.
The antonyms on the other hand, are determined, directed, goal-oriented, motivated, pointed, purposeful and resolute.  
I chose aimless because that it was my life has been this past year. While many wonderful and meaningful things and people have come into my life, my goals have been put aside for too long. 
My word for 2012 will hopefully be PURPOSEFUL. And the meaning for that will show itself by this time next year. 

No comments: